Friday, April 23, 2010

Sadness or Celebration

I have learned when I am sad or happy I want to eat sugar. I am not picky anymore what I eat just as long as it is sweet. Unlike when I first started noticing my sugar habits I only had a few things I craved and I just stop bringing them into the house. I called those my trigger foods. Now, it doesn't matter, if it has sugar I'll eat it.

When I catch myself romancing a sugary food I stop and ask myself, "What is going on with you Donya to make you want to binge on sugar." Usually I am sad or happy about something going on in my life. I had a girlfriend become very ill and I wanted a milkshake. My triplet grandbabies were born healthy and I wanted brownies or cookies or a candy bar out of the vending machine. Anything with sugar.

My life is unmanagable because of sugar. I have 40 extra pounds and my body is covered with fat that is dangerous at the age of 51. It is all belly fat and that is dangerous for a woman's heart over 50. I will even put on my clothes at night and go get sugar if I am giving into my cravings. I won't even go to the drugstore for medicine at night. See, it is unmanageable.

Diabetes runs in my family so I should be especially aware of not over doing the sugar.

Well, hopefully I will find friends who also are like me and want to go sugarless or at least have less sugar. Let's ban together and show Ellen Degeneres how an addict goes sugarless.

Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment